Friday, February 17, 2012

The Lost Boys

The Lost boys wasn't a bad film at all, by any means, but I must say it was absolutely crazy! It was quite cheesy, but sometimes that's appropriate in a film and I kind of enjoyed it. Those definitely aren't my idea of vampires, but they certainly are terrifying monsters.. While watching it I kept getting the feeling of watching are you afraid of the dark or goosebumps, like it was actually scaring me, but I knew it was incredibly fake and cheesy. Considering when this movie was made though, the graphics aren't completely horrible, I mean, at points I was actually grossed out by dying vampires as they melt basically. And for some reason, this movie seemed to be more interesting and entertaining than any of the twilight movies, which is definitely FULL of cheese..
Another thing I liked about the movie was the kid aspect of it, because I recently watched Super 8 and it really interests me when a movie follows a kids perspective in an adults situation, especially when the kid actors are good and are playing good roles. A part of the movie that particularly struck me was the relationship between the brothers, because it gets complicated after Sam becomes a vampire and that puts Michael in a very interesting spot. Maybe it's because I am watching Being Human and many other movies or t.v shows have tendencies nowadays where the monster isn't so much of a monster, in a sense. For example, in Being Human you have a vampire, a ghost, and a werewolf all living under one roof, trying to cope with living as a "normal" being. It's interesting because they all treat each other equally and when they get involved with others from the outside world, sometimes they are understanding too. So, the fact that Michael still has compassion for his brother, even though he could potentially be killed by him is a very special relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment