Friday, February 17, 2012

The Evil Dead

The other weekend my boyfriend and I were flipping through Netflix and came across The Evil Dead. He had seen it before, but I had not so he felt like it was a must have more me to see this movie, especially considering its relevancy to this class at the moment. This movie was OVER THE TOP! Like it goes from being this fun friend adventure and all of a sudden turns into this in your face, gorey, "violent" zombie movie.. which is in a sense comical, just in how it was shot. But overall it's quite the horror film. I think the part that freaked me out the most, personally, were the actual zombies. They are SO abnormal.. and they don't have eyes which is creepy enough. They don't ever seem to die and the way they go about killing the zombies just so brutal! From physically dragging them out of the house and then trying to kill them, or just taking an axe to them or I guess really just any hard object, usually the result would be the same with just this gross blood everywhere and white stuff squirting from their dismembered joints, which also reaaaally really grossed me out. Basically, during this whole film I was sayin "What the hell is going on?!" because it's all been done and said in the zombie movies, but the way this movie went about it was so twisted and brutal. They also added in the possessiveness, which made it a tad more terrifying I think. The white eyes sort of freaked me out, as though she were black out drunk with her eyes rolling at the back of her head.. that girl really freaked me out because she reminded me of a doll. And for some unknown reason they did not run away, which is what I would be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment