Saturday, February 18, 2012

Audition

This had to be the strangest movie I have ever seen.. I don't usually watch movies with subtitles (with a few exceptions) and this movie seemed very ... suspenseful, I guess you would say, just because there's a little bit of a disconnect from having to read subtitles to understand what's happening and being able to understand the language, so the message is a lot clearer. I cannot believe that little innocent looking girl could end up being such a brutal person. Near the end, I almost just wanted to stop watching because I'm not really interested in movies that are focused on pain and torture, but this was more towards the end when it became excessive. Although, SAW movies always have interested me in how everything's interrelated and somehow connected, which I bet if I went back and watched Audition again, I would be able to piece the story together a lot easier than the first time. Being someone who has divorced parents, I know what its like when they or just one of them for that matter starts dating again, which is an entirely different ballgame.. many children get jealous and do not wish for their parents to find a new partner, because it means a new start. This movie, on the other hand, has a son trying to convince his dad to start dating, in quite an organized fashion.
After watching this and knowing it came out in 1999, I can definitely get a sense of where The Grudge and The Ring came from. There is just something in the way they created this creepy vibe off of an innocent girl. But little do you know the "quiet" one is not so quiet...Perhaps, I just don't completely read their mannerisms correctly, but I felt as though she was fairly tame for the entire time and then near the end she just goes ape shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment