Friday, February 17, 2012

Harry Potter 1-7

Of course, I won't be able to read them all during the class, but I chose my favourite one, which is the last one and read that. Fortunately, I've read them all before so I can just express plainly how I love the Harry Potter series. I remember being about 9 and my grandma bought the first book for me and it actually took me a while to get into, but she made it fun and the funny lingo they used made us laugh, so I learned to love it quickly. I think I would be lying if I said Harry Potter didn't change my life, I mean, these books were personal journeys with these characters that I could just get sucked in for days. Not to mention, once the movies started coming out, it became a family tradition for obviously a short period of time for my father, sister, and I to go see the movies at midnight the night they came out. I am very glad that I read the books before I saw the movies as well because having a better understanding makes it easier for you to watch the extra things they add into the movies. Unlike Twilight, where when I see those movies, that is basically what I am basing that series on, which doesn't seem as satisfying. Now for the novel themselves, I don't think I've ever gotten so lost in a different world before and other than Rowlings tendencies to get a tad too descriptive at points, the books really flow well together and the last book just really pulls it all together and answers a lot of ongoing questions. It was really satisfying, even this time being the third time I've read this book, to read the epilogue. All I wanted to know was what was going to happen afterwards, the first time reading it anyways. I am not quite sure why I was so interested, but I'm simply impressed by her writing skills because she managed to get me to care about this fictional characters that must within 7 books!

No comments:

Post a Comment