Friday, February 17, 2012

The Hobbit

The Hobbit was a really good read and it is really gratifying being able to finally say that, because for the longest time my dad has been trying to get me to read the Hobbit. I would get about a chapter or two in and then suddenly lose interest.. I knew I would probably like it anyways, since I enjoyed the movies. But anyways, I basically got lost into the book, like Harry Potter, about 4/5 chapters in and it was just really relaxing to just read a book where you're along for the journey. That's why I like to read books, personally. Getting lost into the situation and the characters with their triumphs and declines, I tend to get very emotionally involved, so I guess I enjoyed the attachment I had with the novel. I enjoy the fact that the ring is an evil object/symbol when in reality, the bigger the ring you have, the better! It is more of a flashy, materialistic symbol of your status, than something that can possess you in a negative sense. I also like the aspect of the ring holder getting the choice as to whether evil takes over him/her or not. In most cases, the evil just swoops in and does its thing, but in this movie its very easily accessible and its appearance isn't horrible either.
I really love how innocent some of the characters are, perhaps because I saw the movies of Lord of The Rings, so I already have an idea of who the characters are. The innocence of them seems to make the ring seem worse than it has to be, if that makes sense.. Bilbo for example. Bilbo seems so innocent and just wants to have a fun adventure, but the ring just turns him into this really ugly spirited person, who is selfish and evil. I am really excited that there is going to be a Hobbit movie, I cannot wait to see it! Like Harry Potter, my family takes time to go see the LOTR movies, so this will be a special one.

No comments:

Post a Comment