Monday, April 23, 2012

Snow Crash

..The concept of this book was nuts! I mean, I feel like that about the majority of what we read, but honestly, what is going through your brain when you're creating these things! I feel like this is pretty relevant to our generation, as well as adding a lot of sci-fi, it definitely drew me in as a reader. Snow Crash, made me feel like some intense accident involved a snow storm possibly? But the fact that Snow Crash is like a virus/drug that is capable of infecting the brains of careless hackers and a mind-altering virus in reality. The idea of this is scary, because there's a slight reality to it.. But after watching eXistenz, it made me feel that same overwhelming / impending doom feeling, where ads are flying everywhere and you're so connected that privacy is a foreign concept. I also, not enjoyed the actuality, but thought it was interesting visualizing this horror stricken place, but it's L.A... kind of like Grand Theft Auto..

No comments:

Post a Comment